Technician in forest sciences
Wageningen University & Research is looking for a technician with an interest in forests, forestry and related education.
we are looking for
A technician who has interest, skills and experience in working with forests, forestry and related education. Day-to-day work will include a mix of field work, laboratory work, laboratory management, data archiving and management, web-site management, education (demonstrations, student field trips, lab-work and related). Flexibility and enthusiasm are key: there will be ample opportunities to learn new skills as tasks evolve.
- HBO/HLO degree in forestry, ecology or related subject
- good knowledge of trees, forests and their needs and dependencies
- excellent organisational skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- having high standards of accuracy and motivation
- good ability to communicate in spoken and written English
- ability to teach and work with students in both Dutch and English
- willingness to be involved in field work and manage and archive data
- willing to contribute to other tasks and initiatives as required
- experience with laboratory procedures and skills would be a plus (e.g. tree rings width, coupes, extractions, pictures)
- experience with tree-based sensors and their data (sapflux, dendrometers), would be a plus
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 16th consecutive time.
Do you want to apply?
You can apply directly using the apply button on the vacancy page on our website which will allow us to process your personal information with your approval.
This vacancy will be listed up to and including August 15th 2021 and interviews will be planned soon afterwards.