Glen Eira City Council is looking for a motivated and engaged Sustainability Project Officer to join our Sustainability team.
The Sustainability team has responsibility for providing advice and developing strategy on sustainability issues including climate change, water use, biodiversity and recycling and waste. The team provides leadership and support across Council as well as coordinating Council’s Sustainability Reporting, Environmental Sustainability Strategy and community engagement program.
The Sustainability Project Officer is responsible for planning and delivery of projects which support Council to achieve our goals set out in the Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
The Successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge in one or more of the key strategic issues of climate change, water use, biodiversity or recycling and waste.
- Ability to develop and implement projects
- Ability to undertake research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop a rapport with diverse stakeholders and maintain cooperative relationships
Please note that applicants must be willing to undergo a Police records check and obtain a working with children check.
For further information about the role please contact Michelle on 9524 3365.
To view a copy of the position description please click the ‘apply for this job’ button below.
All Applications must quote reference no 19/239 and address the selection criteria within their covering letter. The selection criteria can be found in the position description.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE GLEN EIRA CITY COUNCIL WEBSITE
Closing Date: 10/03/2019