If you want to contribute to a cleaner planet by developing biological solutions, you may be interested in this position of Researcher Insect Nutrition. For the department R&D Entomology we are looking for a
Researcher Insect Nutrition
40 hours per week, Berkel en Rodenrijs, Rotterdam area.
Koppert is a producer of a wide range of beneficial insects and mites. Traditionally, these are produced on herbivore prey that in turn are produced on plants in greenhouses. There is a clear move from traditional systems to more artificial systems as these are more reliable and cost effective. The artificial systems generally rely on artificial diets.
In this position, you will work in a team of entomologists that specialize on developing mass production systems for insects and mites. Your role is to improve existing artificial diets and develop new diets. You will do research on the required contents of the diet, develop the techniques to produce the diets, and together with your colleagues assess how the diets can best be supplied to the insects in mass production.
Knowledge on insect nutrition is still relatively scarce. You will build a database of knowledge from publicly available sources and through internal research. Your main expertise is food science, but will have an interest for entomology as well.
- Relevant degree, MSc or PhD, in food science (Animal Science, Aquaculture, Food Chemistry, Analytical Biochemistry, Food Technology, Colloid Chemistry);
- At least 4 years of working experience, through PhD or otherwise;
- Profound knowledge of techniques for (bio)chemical analysis;
- Profound knowledge of the composition of food ingredients;
- Profound knowledge of food technology and formulation techniques;
- Have an interest in entomology or similar biological topics;
- Able to work well within project teams and communicate clearly on the complex information;
- Passionate, creative, open-minded and willing to learn;
- Fluent in English and at least basic understanding of Dutch and willing to learn.
The R&D Entomology Department aims to find new natural enemies, to develop the use of natural enemies in horticulture and agriculture, and refine mass production systems for natural enemies. The work is organized into projects involving several team members. Depending on the project, teams may include members from other departments such as production, packaging, technical automation, communication and marketing & sales. Currently the department has 15 employees.
Koppert, a successful family company.
Koppert Biological Systems is an international market leader when it comes to biological crop protection, natural pollination and sustainable cultivation systems. Natural enemies, microorganisms, and biostimulants ensure that the crop is healthy, resilient and vital; both above ground and the root system environment. Our bumblebees take care of the natural pollination of crops. In this manner, we offer our customers a strong and sustainable alternative to chemical crop protection.
Koppert has approximately 1100 employees, of whom 400 work in the Netherlands. The head office is in Berkel and Rodenrijs, close to Rotterdam and The Hague, and is easy to reach by public transport. Koppert has 27 subsidiaries worldwide.
Koppert Biological Systems is a good employer who supports sustainability. The working atmosphere is informal and friendly. We are a family company. We are closely involved with everything that happens within and outside our company and are constantly looking at ways of improvement. This has made us pioneers in the international market when it comes to biological crop protection and sustainable cultivation systems.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work for an international, growing company that is an important player in the field of sustainability;
- The possibility to develop yourself further in the field of Insect & Mite Nutrition ;
- Depending on your experience, your salary indication is between €3200,- and €4900,- gross per month;
- 28 days holiday.
Will you be our new Researcher Insect Nutrition?
Apply HERE and upload your CV and cover letter.
Need more information?
If you would like more information, please contact Radbout Timmer on +316 57597334.
A personality questionnaire is part of the recruitment procedure.
No agencies please.