Internship Funding for Nature
Are you tech‐savvy, do you have a background in business/economics and do you want to make a
difference in international nature conservation? This internship will give you this opportunity!
Sector: Philantropy/Nature Conservation
The Prince Bernhard Nature Fund (PBNF) supports small, preferably local initiatives worldwide
towards the conservation of endangered species (flora & fauna), or initiatives that in other ways
promote the conservation and wise use of nature and our natural resources base.
Next to giving annual grants, PBNF aims to support the smaller NGO’s by providing tools and network.
We want to find a tool for our organizations to access alternative funding streams and be less
dependent on annual grants. One of the tools we are exploring is crowdfunding, but we know there
are more alternatives. We are looking for a motivated intern to seek an answer to the question “What
alternative funding streams are most useful and accessible for smaller conservation organizations?”
your main tasks
- You will coach and accompany a small group of organizations through a crowdfunding
campaign/crowdfunding accelerator trajectory.
- You will design and conduct a pre‐ and post‐campaign survey.
- You identify the success factors and pittfalls and evaluate the potential of crowdfunding for the
PBNF target group.
- You research alternatives to crowdfunding: alternative traffic generating strategies and alternative users (e.g. corporates instead of individuals).
- You choose one or two alternative funding mechanisms to study more in depth.
- You regularly discuss your findings with the Fund’s director and talk about the next steps.
- WO master student of relevant study
- Available for 3‐6 months
- Fluent in English
- Genuine interest in empowering local NGOs
- Independent and self‐motivated
- Creative and able to think outside of the box
- A learning experience within an international nature conservation Fund, with coaching and personal support of the Fund’s director.
- An opportunity to make a difference.
- An internship allowance of €250/month (based on 36 hours/week).