Are you a biologist with interest in communication and do you want to make a difference in international nature conservation? This 3-month internship will give you this opportunity!
Period June/July – Sept 2019
The Prince Bernhard Nature Fund (PBNF) supports small, preferably local initiatives worldwide towards the conservation of endangered species (flora & fauna), or initiatives that in other ways promote the conservation and wise use of nature and our natural resources base. Next to giving annual grants, PBNF aims to support the smaller NGO’s by providing tools and network. One tool we are testing is crowdfunding. We’d like one motivated intern to coach and accompany a group of conservation organizations through a crowdfunding pilot, seeking an answer to the question “What is the potential of crowdfunding for smaller conservation organizations?”
Your main tasks
• You will be in charge of finding a good group of pilot projects to test crowdfunding. This means you will do some research on crowdfunding and identify the most suitable candidates from the PBNF database.
• You will initiate dialogues with organizations and setup & maintain a social sharing space (Facebook group or forum) for the participating organizations to share experiences and lessons learned.
• Throughout the pilot, you coach and accompany the group of organizations, offering help and feedback where possible.
• You will maintain a good relationship with the crowdfunding platform Global Giving, that we are using for this pilot. Technical questions will be referred to them.
• You will design and conduct a pre- and post-pilot survey.
• You regularly discuss your findings with the Fund’s director and talk about the next steps.
▪ WO Biology master student
▪ Available for 3 months; Preferably starting around 1 July
▪ Fluent in English ▪ Genuine interest in empowering local NGOs
▪ Independent and self-motivated
▪ Creative and able to think outside of the box
• We offer an internship allowance of €250/month (based on 36 hours/week).
• A learning experience within an international nature conservation Fund, with coaching and personal support of the Fund’s director.
• An opportunity to make a difference.
How to Apply
For more information please contact Anne Alexandre on firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be sent to the same address, please include your CV and a short motivation letter.