Addo Elephant National Park
This Position is a fixed term contract up to 31 March 2021, renewable upon mutual agreement and further funding. Remuneration is on C3 Paterson salary scale: R 19 470.62. Total Cost to Company.
- Degree/Diploma in Geographic Information Science OR relevant formal GIS training completed at minimum NQF Level 6
- 5 Year working knowledge of Desktop GIS software in the ERSI ArcGIS suite e.g. Arcview Advanced, Spatial Analyst-ESRI courses completed
- 5 Year working knowledge of GIS Mobile and GPS Software (ArcPad, ArcGIS Mobile and ArcGIS for Collector)
- 1 Year working experience with ArcGIS Server / ArcGIS Online applications -ESRI courses completed
- Fully computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Be in possession of a valid code EB drivers’ licence
Key responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Develop Geographical Information Science spatial information tools within BSP.
- Develop and maintain BSP GIS online viewers and data collections tools.
- Implement and maintain a centralised spatial database to store required datasets
- Assist with the Collation and Management of spatial and non-spatial basedata into a central database
- Analyse data and report on findings to relevant managers
- Coordinate mapping activities to collect and capture spatial information from various formats and sources.
- Support BSP GIS unit in facilitating the spatial delineation of BSP Programs
- Advice on GIS equipment, software, data and products
- Support of GIS, Data and Development Manager as well as BSP projects with desktop mapping and ad-hoc GIS tasks as required.
- Provide Technical Support (GIS / Mapping) to BSP personnel
- Communicating and Liaising with all stakeholders and partners
- Training of staff as required
- Identify training needs (GPS / GIS)
- Development / sourcing / updating of training manuals
- Manage llocated personnel
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications; detailed CV’s and copies of qualifications to:
The BIODIVERSITY SOCIAL PROJECTS
Applications not responded to within 14 days of closing date must be considered unsuccessful.
Please Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews and might be required to complete a GIS practical task.
Remuneration is on C3 Paterson salary scale: R 19 470.62. Total Cost to Company.